Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Tournament Fun!

Quick update, here.  I had the pleasure of participating in a Star Wars: Armada tournament this weekend at The Magic Stronghold (organized by James Chen!), where many battles were to be had.  There were 10 players, with 6 Rebel players (including me) and 4 Empire players.  The results were somewhat to be expected, aligning with the belief that the Empire tends to be a bit more powerful.  Of the top 4 players on the leaderboard, 3 of them were Empire.  :P

I went in with a dual Assault Frigate MK II list (one with enhanced armaments, and gunnery crew, the other serving as a carrier with flight controllers and extended hangar), coupled with a CR90-B Dodonna's Pride armed with leading shots. 



I did decently considering the meta of Empire Gladiators doing quite well.  :)  It appears that the Star Wars: Armada tournament rules determines ranking via margin of victory, and as the Rebels tend to squeak by in their victories, the ruling further heavily favoured the Empire.  Don't get me wrong, I love the game but I sure hope they work out the apparent balance issues!

Here are some crappy photos (phone pics) from the tournament:







No comments:

Post a Comment